La Marzocco KB90
KB90 represents the ultimate evolution of Linea PB. This machine has been designed to improve the ergonomics and features of the machine in order to optimize the workflow for the barista in the world’s busiest bars.
The new KB90 sets a new standard for quality coffee equipment, establishing La Marzocco as one of the best espresso coffee machine manufacturers worldwide. With its striking design reminiscent of the popular Linea PB, the KB90 features many of the same trusted and tested parts and components.
These features include insulated dual boilers, dual PID controls, volumetric controls, and independent brew boilers per group head, as well as extra features, such as ergonomic straight-in portafilters. New straight-in portafilters increase speed and efficiency while also reducing strain on baristas. Combine these features with the renowned reliability of a La Marzocco machine and the latest technology available, and you have the perfect barista machine.
The KB90 is named after the Chairman of the LM Board, Kent Bakke.
Kent imagined one of the most exciting features of the KB90 20 years ago: the Straight-in Portafilter. La Marzocco’s mission has always been to design machines that make the lives of baristas easier and more efficient, and the KB90 embodies that philosophy.
- Direct-in portafilter: Designed to reduce barista strain by 12 times by simplifying the motions required to engage the portafilter. In high-volume coffee environments, baristas have to work fast and efficiently to produce drinks during the busiest times. Straight-in Portafilters prevent repetitive stress injuries by making baristas’ natural workflow and output easier.
- Precision scales incorporated into the drip tray improve beverage consistency by stopping the extraction based on mass. The machine uses an algorithm called Drip Prediction to improve shot accuracy and ease of dialing in. (ABR System: Optional)
- Auto steam flush: After each extraction, a burst of steam from the steam boiler is used to purge the brew path, followed by a flush of hot water to keep the group, even during peak times, clean. The innovative feature minimises coffee residue in the group and reduces the number of times baristas are required to backflush the group during service.
- Dual Boilers – Separate boilers optimize espresso brewing and steam production.
- Independent Boilers – Separate boilers for each group head allow barista to optimize temperature for individual coffees.
- Dual PID (coffee and steam) – Allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Saturated Groups – Ensure unsurpassed thermal stability, shot after shot.
- Thermal Stability System – As water passes through each element, temperature is further stabilized.
- Insulated Boilers – Reduce energy consumption while contributing to temperature stability.
- Steam Flush – Keeps the group clean with an automatic burst of steam and a flush of hot water between extractions.
- Pro Touch Steam Wands – High performing steam wands that are cool to the touch.
- Easy Rebuild Steam Valve – Engineered so the valve can be serviced directly from the front of the machine without needed to be removed.
- Hot Water Economizer – Enables you to fine-tune the tap water temperature for tea.
- Digital Display – Intuitive programming makes it easy to adjust machine parameters.
- Barista Lights- Led lighting allows you to focus on your extraction and the cup.
Dimensions (mm) 810L x 620W x 450H
Net Weight (kg) 77
Steam Tank (L) 7
Brew Tank (L) 2 x 1,3
Power Available at 200-380V 60Hz 5400-5700
Dimensions (mm) 1050L x 620W x 450H
Net Weight (kg) 101
Steam Tank (L) 11
Brew Tank (L) 3 x 1,3
Power Available at 200-380V 60Hz 7300-7800
Colour Options: Inquire for customisation
The La Marzocco KB90 comes with a 12-month warranty and installation, calibration and initial training is complementary