Operations in the face of UncertaintyWhere: Singapore
Covid-19 has significantly changed the industries around the world with post-pandemic expectations of the “New Normal” on health and hygiene standards will be unlike anything we have experienced before. The spread and impact of the coronavirus is being felt globally across operations in ways that are difficult to model and assess for any supply chains. Hard information is lacking while managing critical inventory and mitigating disruptions took centrestage.
Here at Caffeine Solutions, we identified and focused on a few critical components while sparing no effort in tackling these challenges in finding short-term responses and suitable solutions to ensure business continuity:
- Created multi tier supply chains with identifying and establishing alternative sources of coffee and equipment products
- Assessed realistic final customer demand and purchasing behaviour
- Identified and secured logistics capacity on imported products and equipment whilst absorbing the exorbitant increase in rates for air/sea/road freights
- Implemented continuous after-sales support and availability through staggered shifts and adhering to new government regulations
- Adopted new technology to improve our systems and processes
With the impending post-pandemic landscape, we aim to boost our business resiliency and enhance our holistic support to our customers while maintaining a safe environment for our team.